These tips are from an article called How to Take a Selfie Like a Male Model, so whether you want to be one or date one take your best shot.
- A selfie is only a selfie if (surprise) you are taking a photo of yourself. A photo taken by your girlfriend or co-worker isn’t a selfie.
- Stage your shot. Make sure there’s something cool or interesting sharing the photo with you, like a plane, a limousine, a baller hotel room, the backstage area at a fashion show, or your really cool friends.
- Find your light. Make sure your face is being lit in a flattering manner. Avoid being backlit unless for artistic purposes, in which case that’s so creative!
- Smile, squint a little, show off your abs, wave, give us a peace sign, or pull your best “blue steel.” Whatever you do, do something. Nobody wants to see you looking constipated alone in your office. Which leads us to the last selfie rule.
- Have fun. The most important lesson male models can teach us is how to live our best lives. Say, for example, you’re at an after-party in a Milanese castle. Go out on the balcony with your friends and capture that moment. Then go eat a shitload of prosciutto and tweet about it.